Quest was designed to be used freely, without any movement limitations. Play SteamVR games with it the same way, without the cable ruining your experience. VRidge technology was proven by hundreds thousands of users and you can test it out completely with a free version. Give VRidge a shot and you’ll rediscover your Quest headset anew. With the desktop version of Quest, you can create and play text adventures games on your Windows PC, even without an internet connection. Look at some screenshots. Works with Windows 7, 8, 10 and Vista. Download Quest 5.8.0. Previous versions. Since Oculus released the Oculus Link Beta for Oculus Quest last year, it has released (as of March 2020) 14 versions of the software, each with its unique fixes but also new breaking bugs. Download hundreds of Oculus Quest VR experiences. Step into a new virtual world with downloadable games, apps, entertainment, and more. Play solo or with friends.
- You can connect an Oculus Quest to a PC with a USB cable, but it also works as a standalone device.
- To use your Quest in Oculus Link mode, make sure you have a lengthy, high-quality USB cable, an available USB 3 port on your PC and that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Here's what you need to know to connect an Oculus Quest to your PC using Oculus Link.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
The Oculus Quest (and the newer Quest 2) is a standalone virtual reality headset that doesn't require cables or connections to operate, which means you don't need a nearby PC and the headset is completely portable. But the Quest also has the ability to connect to a PC and run VR games from Steam, like the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift headsets. It does this using a feature called Oculus Link.
Make sure your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Oculus Link
Before you begin, make sure your PC meets the minimum requirements for running a PC VR headset with Oculus Link. If you have previously used a PC VR headset with the computer, you're probably fine. Otherwise, make sure your computer has these specifications:
- Processor: At least an Intel i5-4590 or Ryzen 5 1500X
- Video card: Many video cards are supported, so you have a lot of options. You need at least an Nvidia GeForce RTX 20XX, GeForce GTX 1650 Super or higher, Nvidia Titan Z or Titan X. If you have an AMD graphics card, it should be an AMD 400/500/5000 Series or a Vega Series.
- Memory: 8 GB or more
- Operating system: Windows 10
- USB: An available USB 3 port
You can find most of this information from the System Information dialog box. To see it, type 'System' in the Start button search box and click 'System information' when you see it in the search results.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider Check System Information to make sure your PC supports Oculus Link. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
How to connect Oculus Quest to a PC
1. Make sure you have a high-quality USB cable that's at least 10 feet long (and the longer the better, so ideally look for a 15-foot cable). The USB charging cable that comes with your Quest will work.
Video: Análisis Oculus Quest 2 (Dailymotion)
2. If you haven't already, install the Oculus Quest desktop software on your PC. If you're a Quest user, you probably already installed it. Start the Oculus Quest app. Sims medieval mac unable to start game.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider Install the Oculus Quest desktop software and make sure it is running. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
3. If you don't already have Steam installed, install that as well and log into your account. Then install SteamVR. This isn't mandatory to connect the Quest to your PC, but the main appeal of making an Oculus Link connection is having access to the large library of PC VR games and apps in Steam.
4. Plug your USB cable into the USB port on the side of the Quest and then plug the other end into an available USB port on your computer.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider Plug the Oculus Link cable into your headset and your computer. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
5. Turn on your Quest and put on the headset.
See Full List On Ifwiki.org
6. After a few moments, you should see a popup in the headset asking for permission to allow access to data. Use the controller to click 'Deny.'
7. You'll now see a popup asking to enable Oculus Link. Use the controller to select 'Enable.'
You'll now be connected to the PC and can run PC VR games and applications in the Quest.