FTB8900 is a memory management program for the FT-8900R FM transceiver.
You can view a web-based version of the Help file which includes installation instructions, and eHam.net reviews of FTB8900
A very simple method not requiring use of Terminal is essentially to create a spyder.app package in Applications and copy the spyder exec file from Anaconda into this folder. Clicking on the package will run spyder as an app, and you can right-click the dock icon to keep it in the dock. Below are the step-by-step instructions. This application is designed for and tested against versions up to 2.10.8, 3.5.10, 4.0.4, and 5.4.0 of Spyder software. Other versions of Spyder server software will likely work, however it is recommended that you upgrade to the latest versions of Spyder software available for your video processor for the best possible experience. Spyder Keyboard Shortcuts for the Editor under Windows Conventional (more or less) Keyboard Shortcuts Home Go to start of line End Go to end of line Left Arrow Go to previous character Right Arrow Go to next character Up Arrow Go up to previous line Down Arrow Go down to next line Ctrl + Left Arrow Go to start of previous word.
See the Links page for sources of cables.
- Backup/restore of the FT-8900R clone memory
- Modify memories
- Move memories
- Add/delete memories
- Cut/copy/paste memories
- Import/Export memory definitions using CSV files
- Import TravelPlus for Repeaters .tpe files
- Sort memories by frequency or name
- Analyse and report on duplicate frequencies
- Edit the PMS memories
- Edit the Home memories
- Edit the Hypermemory VFOs
- Change the values in the FT-8900's menus
- Edit various Hypermemory settings
- Print memories
The Import/Export facility enables you to exchange memory information between the following radios by using .CSV format memory definition files. You will also need to use the appropriate FTBxxx software for the target radio.
- FT-817, FT-847, FT-857, FT-897 (including ND and D models), FT-1802, FT-1807, FT-1900, FT-2800, FT-2900, FT-7800, FT-7900, FT-8800, FT-8900, FT1D, FT2D, FT-60, FT-250, FT-270, FTM-100D, FTM-350, FTM-3200D, VR-5000, VX-3, VX-8, VX-110, VX-150, VX-120, VX-170, VX-177
- VX-2, VX-5, VX-6, VX-7 - using the Commander range of software by Jim Mitchell, KC8UNJ
Memory definitions can also be imported from TravelPlus for Repeaters using .TPE files
The program runs on a standard PC that has an available COM port for connection to the transceiver. The COM port may be a conventional Serial port or one attached to a USB adapter. It has been developed and tested on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. It will not run on Windows 8 RT version which does not support desktop applications. The minimum screen resolution is 800 x 600 but 1024 x 768 is recommended.